Monday, 3 November 2008

Suey overstates the Hindi case

Master of Hindi I am not! Suey gilds the lily [Sapulo chilid Sueyji hai]. Actually, I made that up. I do not know 'gild the lily' in Hindi. I've had no cause for it thus far. But 'hello', 'good', 'delicious', 'what's your name?', 'my name is ...', 'how much?', most numbers, and 'see you later' I can kind of handle. It's not a Vedic masterpiece, but it's a start.

Fermilenge! xo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys
I have goose bumps, a smile I cant wipe from my face and the giggles after reading your postings.
Camels, cows, monkeys, Saris, Ganges plunges and nail polish - what more can one ask of for an Indian adventure.
Have you tried to for a cameo appearance in a Bollywood movie filming? A friend of mine managed just that when she was there a few years back...
Sparkles and sunshine
Yvette, Luke and Gideon

Sarah said...

Hi Suzie and Adam,
I'm extremely jealous and can only imagine for you excellent discibtions what its like can't wait to see the photos when you come home.
Namaste xxoo

Suey said...

No, no Bollywood action I'm afraid, that would be fun though.

Looking forward to flicking through photos when we return. xo