After 10 days apart and a long trip from Barwon Heads to Delhi, it was great to see Ad. He greeted me at the Indira Gandhi International Airport dressed in a kurta and speaking Hindi! He then proceeded to negotiate the cab ride to the city with ease and has proven he is a master of the mathematics behind the Indian train timetables.
It has been quite an adventure since.
My first taste of India was Paharganj, in New Delhi. There is something intoxicating about arriving in a bustling city for the first time. The sights, sounds and smells rush through your veins. That experience for me was wandering through the main bazaar.
It's a melting pot of women in beautiful saris, maniacal traffic, young kids playing cricket in the dusty streets, confronting smells (imagine an aromatic mix of incense, urine and fried samosas, all in one whiff), constant offers for rickshaw rides and in the midst of it all - very large cows sitting around peacefully. It was intense and I loved it!
We've since had an incredible experience in Amristar at the Golden Temple (see Ad's post below) and next we're heading to the hills, possibly followed by a visit to Rishikesh for some Ashram action.
I'm loving the vegetarian food and have had no sign of stomach rumblings, nor has Ad. Jas, however, got taken down by a chicken masala and is still suffering 4 days later but in true Tripper J style, is soldiering on.
Namaste. xo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey darlins,
enjoy the magic and mystical....I am always reminded that I can choose to look at life here with eyes as open as they are in that crazy humm of India...bet you're feeling ALIVE!
stay that way...train travel YAY bus travel SCARY!
lots of love to you.
Janey
Suey, The sounds, smells and sights of India sound delightful and I can only imagine the rainbow of saris must take your breath away - lets propose a Bollywood style slide night upon your return. I'll bring the Aloo Paneer (spelling???).
As you travel and leave your mark; with and upon the locals, you two will become the golden threads woven into the Sari that is Indian life.
Ok... trying to be a little too profound after not much sleep and a grumpy baby on the hip, but thinking of you...
Sparkles and sunshine.
Yvette, Luke and Gideon
Hey Janey, alive indeed. India is captivating in that way. Sometimes it's dirty and smelly and bloody hard but there's also something magical, which I haven't quite worked out yet. Don't spose I need to. xox
I love the sound of a Bollywood slide night Yvette!!! Let's make it so. Beautiful comments too. Thanks. Lots of love to you. Namaste! xox
Post a Comment